…Though I hope I’m wrong…
…I’ve decided to take a page out of Vox’s book and actually respond to people’s criticisms of me, however petty I think they may be. I do think it’s important to refute accusations against my character, lest rumor spreads.
And, so far, you have shown yourself to be a feckless man, behaving like a little girl afraid to get her hands dirty. To say you’re done and then retreat to here to take a last stab…
Me saying I was “done” refers to this comment I made on Free Northerner’s blog in the thread “A Quicker Response”. At the end of my fairly long comment I wrote this:
Frankly, I’m tired of the discussion. The more your (general “your”, not you specifically) view is clarified the more and more convinced I am that it is nonsense.
You get the official last word of the discussion. Thank you for the time. I’m cynical and biting but thankful regardless of your, and everybody else’s, discourse with me. Come down to my blog if you’re ever bored.
Now, to address Chad’s accusations:
1) I wasn’t responding directly to Chad, who apparently thinks my world revolves around him.
2) I made this exact point almost word for word in the original discussion, giving him every chance to respond to me.
3) My username links to my blog, making this ridiculously easy to find – so much so that he found it within a day of my writing it.
4) Chad also neglected to mention that in the same comment where I said I’d be ending the discussion on Free Northerner’s blog I also invited him to mine. Perhaps I need to understand how to retreat better?
5) Chad thinks this blog is a “retreat” to get in a “last stab” because I “don’t like getting my hands dirty”, despite arguing about this subject in at least two, possibly three if I remember correctly, threads on Free Northerner’s blog, and on What’s Wrong With the World, and with people on Zippy’s blog, and with people on Cane Caldo’s blog, and with people on my own blog. Man, my retreating needs some serious re-tooling.
6) And finally, and most importantly, the post that supposedly was an example of me continuing the discussion after I agreed to end it (though it wasn’t a continuation of my discussion with him and was responding to a general bone of contention I saw continually crop up) was written about five and a half hours or so before I said I was interested in ending the discussion on Free Northerner’s blog.
So, any way you slice it, Chad was completely and unequivocally wrong, and rather bitchy about it besides.
I await my apology in due time. *Holds breath*